Eagleburgmann Norway AS, supplier of mechanical seals and sealing systems for oil and gas. Local design and production of buffer fluid systems.
2005 saw Burgmann Industries increase sales once again in all areas of activity
Last year was a highly successful one for Burgmann Industries GmbH & Co. KG of Wolfratshausen/Germany. A member of the Freudenberg Group since 2004, the internationally active seal manufacturer increased its consolidated sales in 2005 by 9 percent. In spite of sharply climbing costs in the raw material and energy markets, Burgmann’s consolidated sales rose to EUR 343 million, with sales in Germany accounting for 33 percent of this figure and the remaining 67 percent achieved in other countries throughout the world. Sales outside Germany climbed to around EUR 230 million as against the previous year’s figure of EUR 205 million while domestic sales receipts rose to EUR 112 million as against EUR 110 million the previous year. As at year-end 2005, Burgmann’s workforce in its more than 50 subsidiaries and joint ventures throughout the world totalled 3,233.
Good prospects for the future
Global expansion of the alliance with Eagle Industry
Burgmann has been collaborating outside Germany since 2004 with the Japanese mechanical seal producer Eagle in a global alliance that operates under the name “EBI – the worldwide alliance for sealing technology”; EBI stands for EagleBurgmann Industries. In April last year the joint venture agreement was signed by the two companies and a global strategy developed with various different regional lines of action for the USA, China, India and Eastern Europe; this strategy is scheduled for step-by-step implementation during the next few years.
Successes with international plant operators and key accounts
Burgmann achieved notable successes in its Business Development sphere of activity, under the supervision of which are the company’s operations in the areas of international key accounts and international service-orientated plant operator business. One example of this success was the signing in December 2005 of a service agreement with Shell Germany; this agreement was Burgmann’s most comprehensive ever, and covers around 3000 pumps for the Rheinland refinery with its plants in Godorf and Wesseling. It is a fixed-cost arrangement over a period of 5 years with a value of approximately EUR 3.5 million. A further significant milestone was the global supply agreement signed in spring with The Dow Chemical Company, USA, a highly diversified American chemicals company with a workforce of over 42,000 employees. This agreement provides for the supply and maintenance by Burgmann of standard and special mechanical seals for pumps and agitators at Dow’s international production locations. This status as worldwide supplier to Dow means that Burgmann can considerably strengthen its position in the processing industry.
Investment in growth regions
In growth region Middle East, Burgmann took over the remaining 37 percent holding of previous joint venture partner PARS in Iran and set up a new joint venture with a local dealer in Saudi Arabia; Burgmann holds a 65 percent interest in this new enterprise. In the interests of further developing its activities in the Russian market, Burgmann set up an own subsidiary in Nizhny Novgorod, the fifth largest city in Russia. Along with the office in Moscow, this company will be commencing its business activities in September 2006.
Custom-tailored products and services, product harmonization, continuous innovation and improvement of the production processes are the focal elements of Burgmann’s activities in the coming months. In addition, key, specifically targeted projects have been started in the growth markets Middle East, China and India in collaboration with alliance partner Eagle, and intensive work on these will be taking place during the next few months. “Our objectives have been clearly defined and approved: We shall be placing even more emphasis on orientation to customers and service, completing product harmonization projects that are currently in progress and structuring our innovation management even more efficiently in order to increase our sales with new, innovative products”, says Christoph Mosmann, Spokesman for the Burgmann Management Board
Eagleburgmann Norway AS Company Tags: Eagleburgmann Norway AS Skedsmokorset, Norway, Seals, Mechanical Seals, Pump Seals, Sealing Systems, Agitator Seals, Stuffing Box Packings, Compressor Seals, Seal
Eagleburgmann Norway AS Skedsmokorset, Norway is listed the Subsea Oil and Gas Directory. To update company information, please
contact us or visit Eagleburgmann Norway AS web site for more subsea company information.