Product Structuring Lead - Controls Job
GE Oil and Gas
This job has expired, please contact the company for similar job openings.
The Product Structuring Lead - Controls is a key role within the subsea product platform. This role has been created to create and implement an optimal solution for product structuring.
Date Posted: 2009-11-04 Expiry Date:
|Product Structuring Lead - Controls Job
|| Job Requirement:
||Aberdeen , Scotland, Europe
||Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
||Controls Engineering Jobs
Product Structuring Lead - Controls Scotland job at GE Oil and Gas
With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil & Gas is a global leader in the supply of technology-based equipment and services for the entire oil and gas industry – from drilling and completion to production, transportation, refining, processing, petrochemical and pipeline integrity.
Due to the growth and expansion of our business, we are looking for talented people who want to make a difference.
The Product Structuring Lead - Controls is a key role within the subsea product platform. This role has been created to create and implement an optimal solution for product structuring, and provide the focused vision & leadership required to develop GE Oil & Gas within the subsea arena.
• Responsible for reviewing implementation of a product configuration tool
• Help define and implement a product configuration tool that will help the ITO team bid product and drive auto generation of Bills of material and engineering documentation in engineering and through into sourcing.
• Implement process for configuration control and run the configuration control board
• Project manage the implementation of the product configuration tool
• Manage the verification and capture of the key design rules that drive the decision making process in engineering and the sales process.
• Responsible for driving reduction in variation :
• Working with Product management and engineering drive a reduction in the number of discrete option we promote for each product option
• Work the cost / efficiency model to optimize configurable options
• Ensure options selection maintains and enhance our market competitiveness.
• Responsible for driving modularization.
• Where we have options then the product needs be modular in fit form and function to ensure interchangeability
• Review and rationalize customer specification to the optimum economical solution.
• Review and implement best demonstrated practice.
• Set goals and targets.
• Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Ensure this system is maintained to latest product standards and implement new product in to the configuration tool as they become available.
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
• Robust knowledge of Configuration tool and product structuring
• Demonstrable business experience in Industrial organisations and/or Manufacturing.
• Engineering backgrounds and also experience of product standard and configuration software
• Excellent presentation and written skills are required, to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior staff, customers and contractors.
• Project management skills to ensure the product structuring tasks are delivered on time and to budget and also management skills to hold the regular configuration control board meeting
• Demonstrable readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action, but knows when to either delegate up or down. Results will be measured against key platform metrics.
• Demonstrable team working abilities and should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams, including staff reporting directly. Provide leadership and manage interfaces as required to deliver objectives. Clear and considered communication with the functional organization is key.
• Ability to maintain customer focus on both internal and external customers is required. Good customer relationships are to be maintained to enable good feedback and input into product strategy and future developments. Close working relationship with the engineering, ITO and sourcing groups are required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt trained
Please apply online at www.ge.com/careers
For more information about GE Oil & Gas, please visit www.geoilandgas.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
GE Oil & Gas
An equal opportunity employer.
..find out more about this Employer at GE Oil and Gas
||GE Oil & Gas||
|Contact the Company:
|| GE Oil and Gas
|All GE Oil and Gas Jobs:
||GE Oil and Gas Jobs
Check back frequently for updated Subsea Oil and Gas jobs info.
Product Structuring Lead - Controls information given here at the subsea oil and gas directory may contain errors, be incorrect, incomplete or not fully updated. Please
contact us or GE Oil and Gas to enable us to correct this.
- POST YOUR JOBS HERE
Oil Jobs Guide
Resume for Oil Jobs
Oil Jobs CV
Free Oil Jobs Newsletters
Post Oil Jobs CV/Resume for Free
Getting Jobs in Oil Companies
High Paying Oil Rig Jobs
Oil Rig Mechanic Job