Product Manager - Connection Systems Job
GE Oil and Gas
This job has expired, please contact the company for similar job openings.
The Product Manger Subsea Connection Systems is a key role within the subsea product platform. The role has been created to provide the focus vision and leadership required to develop GE Oil & Gas within the subsea arena.
Date Posted: 2010-02-15 Expiry Date:
|Product Manager - Connection Systems Job
|| Job Requirement:
||Aberdeen , Scotland, Europe
||Bachelors Degree in Mechanical engineering
||10 years minimum business experience
||Product Manager Management Jobs
Product Manager - Connection Systems Scotland job at GE Oil and Gas
With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented professionals in bringing the power of imagination to the world of energy, apply now to attend our Invitational Career Fair.
Invitational Career Fair,
20th March, 2010 in Aberdeen
Apply today to qualify!
The Product Manger Subsea Connection Systems is a key role within the subsea product platform. The role has been created to provide the focus vision and leadership required to develop GE Oil & Gas within the subsea arena. Effective product management is critical to ensure we deliver the products and solutions the industry needs in a timely and cost effective manner. We need to solve our customers’ problems.
1.Responsible for reviewing and identifying market technical needs.
* Standardisation, identifying standard products.
* Analysis of trends. (e.g. HP/HT, HIPPS etc.)
* Benchmark costs for standard product.
* Review of connection installation methods and developments.
2.Responsible for benchmarking our competitors:
* Define technical strengths and weaknesses (e.g. Matrix and Parametric analysis).
* Review if ITT’s.
* Identification of technical gaps.
* Segmentation of market by technical capability i.e. who will be the strongest in which market.
3.Responsible for optimising cycle time.
* Benchmark current manufacturing and assembly processes, understand the entitlement.
* Review and implement best demonstrated practice.
* Set goals and targets.
* Identify opportunities for improvement.
4.Responsible for cost out initiatives
* Review and implement value engineering and cost reduction projects e.g. de-featuring, simplification.
* Drive the use of LCC engineering, sourcing and manufacture.
* Drive use of lean processes.
5.Responsible for NPI, PLE project definition, support and management relating to subsea connection systems.
* Define PLE / NPI needs and opportunities.
* Define and prepare toll gate review documentation for NPI / PLE investments.
* Manage ongoing programs.
* Encourage new ideas and break the mold. The role must interface with the Customer, Functional Teams and Regional Managers as required, to ensure that the market opportunity identification and risk assurance programs are planned, facilitated, and executed. The role will drive the Connection Systems product of tomorrow Principle Accountabilities1.Ensure compliance with Company Policies and Procedures, maintain focus on Strategic Objectives.2.Deliver on improvement projects to the agreed metrics.3.Ensure the accuracy and breadth of deliverables meets all internal & external customer requirements.4.Minimise risk to the Health, Safety and Environmental impact as a result of the design, manufacture and operation of VetcoGray equipment.
* Business Strategies up to $ 500M+
* Small teams up to 5 –10 persons
* Interfaces with Regional Management, EPC Project Management, Procurement (Supply Management), Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering Centre of Excellence in performance of his duties.
* Expected to regularly interface and update progress on assigned objectives and projects.
* Expected to interface with overseas country management engineering groups on products and procedures. Needs to interface with Manufacturing, Project Management, on an as needed basis.
* Customers, Suppliers and third party verification authorities on a regular basis.
Qualifications/Requirements/Knowledge and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical engineering plus minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
* And 10 years minimum business experience in Industrial organisations and/or Manufacturing. Knowledge of subsea connection systems.
* And Proven track record of achievement.
• Act as a mentor for younger staff as required
* Monitoring, and counseling on their activities
* Ensure they understand regulatory requirements relative to designs
* Ensuring health safety and environmental risk control are paramount
* Provide / support training of staff based upon technical expertise.
Exellent customer networker. Experience from subsea processing development and delivery projects. Understanding of Customer organizations, decision processes and way to market paths for subsea processing. Conferences presentation experience.
To apply, please visit www.gecareerfair.com/SS, select job title and click on it to be directed to position details and application to complete for an invitation to our Career Fair. For more information about GE Oil & Gas, please visit www.geoilandgas.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
An equal opportunity employer.
..find out more about this Employer at GE Oil and Gas
||GE Oil & Gas||
|Contact the Company:
|| GE Oil and Gas
|All GE Oil and Gas Jobs:
||GE Oil and Gas Jobs
Check back frequently for updated Subsea Oil and Gas jobs info.
Product Manager - Connection Systems information given here at the subsea oil and gas directory may contain errors, be incorrect, incomplete or not fully updated. Please
contact us or GE Oil and Gas to enable us to correct this.
- POST YOUR JOBS HERE
Oil Jobs Guide
Resume for Oil Jobs
Oil Jobs CV
Free Oil Jobs Newsletters
Post Oil Jobs CV/Resume for Free
Getting Jobs in Oil Companies
High Paying Oil Rig Jobs
Oil Rig Mechanic Job