Senior Mechanical Field Service Engineer - UK Job
GE Oil and Gas
This job has expired, please contact the company for similar job openings.
As a Field Service Engineer You will be an expert in rotating equipment, focused on site activities management.
Date Posted: 2010-02-15 Expiry Date:
|Senior Mechanical Field Service Engineer - UK Job
|| Job Requirement:
||Aberdeen , Scotland, Europe
||Field Engineering Jobs
Senior Mechanical Field Service Engineer - UK Scotland job at GE Oil and Gas
With advanced technology products and services for the oil and gas industry.
All we need is you.
GE Oil and Gas is a global, leading supplier of technology-based equipment and services for the oil and gas industry – from drilling and production equipment to pipeline integrity. If you’re ready to work with the industry’s most talented professionals in bringing the power of imagination to the world of energy, apply now to attend our Invitational Career Fair.
Invitational Career Fair,
20th March, 2010 in Aberdeen
Apply today to qualify!
As a Field Service Engineer You will be an expert in rotating equipment, focused on site activities management such as planning, manpower resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirements
* Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers based in the GE Oil & Gas offices.
* Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
* Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
* Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
* Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures. As a specialist in either Gas Turbines or Centrifugal Compressors or Reciprocating Compressors or Steam Turbines
* Lead and execute foundation and soft foot check and adjustments.
* Lead and execute assembly/installation and alignment of the equipment
* Lead and execute independently inspection of the above mentioned equipment The candidate will be also responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all GE O&G customers
In order to succeed in this role you must have:
* Engineering Degree or equivalent business experience.
* Substantial related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities
* Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance; philosophy of Gas Turbines OR Centrifugal Compressors, OR Reciprocating Compressors, OR Steam Turbines and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system, steam system etc…)
* Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc…)
* Excellent English fluency both spoken and written
* Availability to frequent travel worldwide up to 70%-80% of the time on and off-shore
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills
* Good experience in HGPI and major inspection or modular/engine exchange activities
* Experience on hyper compressor (polyethylene plant)
* Laser alignment device knowledge.
To apply, please visit www.gecareerfair.com/SS, select job title and click on it to be directed to position details and application to complete for an invitation to our Career Fair. For more information about GE Oil & Gas, please visit www.geoilandgas.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
An equal opportunity employer.
..find out more about this Employer at GE Oil and Gas
||GE Oil & Gas||
|Contact the Company:
|| GE Oil and Gas
|All GE Oil and Gas Jobs:
||GE Oil and Gas Jobs
Check back frequently for updated Subsea Oil and Gas jobs info.
Senior Mechanical Field Service Engineer - UK information given here at the subsea oil and gas directory may contain errors, be incorrect, incomplete or not fully updated. Please
contact us or GE Oil and Gas to enable us to correct this.
- POST YOUR JOBS HERE
Oil Jobs Guide
Resume for Oil Jobs
Oil Jobs CV
Free Oil Jobs Newsletters
Post Oil Jobs CV/Resume for Free
Getting Jobs in Oil Companies
High Paying Oil Rig Jobs
Oil Rig Mechanic Job